Summer Camp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Summer Camp

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Situation 4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maddie
iPod Addict
iPod Addict
Maddie

Female Number of posts : 136
Sanity : whaaaa? what Sanity?
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Situation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Situation 4   Situation 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 9:42 pm

The person you love, it doesn't have to be the person from situation 3, is leaving you somehow, they may die or commit suicide, or move or some other unnamed way, and it does not neccesarily have to be permenantly.............how do they take it??
Back to top Go down
Maddie
iPod Addict
iPod Addict
Maddie

Female Number of posts : 136
Sanity : whaaaa? what Sanity?
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Situation 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Situation 4   Situation 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 9:47 pm

"Kara?" Mom called.
"Here!" I was so happy. He loved me! He really loved me! I set my purse down and walked into the living room. A woman was standing next to my mother. A woman who looked oddly familiar.
"Mother? Who is this?" I asked, confused.
"Kara... this is Jen.... your mom."
"Um... no. You're my mom."
My mother, or... my old mother, sighed.
"No, Jen is your mom. I'm your adopted mom."
I nearly fell over. I was adopted?
"But.... how?" I whispered.
"I'll make some tea." My father (was he really my father?) announced, standing and walking into the kitchen.
"Kara... We were going to tell you tonight. But then you had your date with Ty.... I take it it went well?"
"Don't change the subject."
She sighed.
"Alright. I'll let Jen explain the beginning."
The woman, Jen, stepped up.
"Kara, i have to say, you've grown into a beautiful young woman."
"Thank you." I muttered.
"You're welcome. Well... here goes. 17 years ago I was raped by a man named Sargaye Lecrosi. I was left for dead in the street when my brother found me. Two months later I found out I was pregnant. I wasn't very happy. I was only 15 and I had considered abortion, but my mother said that was not an option. I also attempted suicide many times. I'm not proud of it. They found the man who raped me and put him in jail for rape, theft and murder of countless, innocent women. 5 months later, you were born. Kara Eloise Crane. A beautiful baby girl. But i couldn't take care of you. I was 16 and aspiring to be a doctor. My mother offered to help, but my father said no. I put you into a foster home and never heard from social security again. I graduated high school then went to med school and moved on to be a surgeon. A few years ago I hired a detective to find you. I wanted to know what was happening to my baby girl I had lost so many years ago. It took a while, but now here we are."
It was a lot to take in. I was quiet for a moment.
"Mother, why didn't you tell me?" I asked my adoptive mom.
"Your father and I were going to tell you tonight. We felt it best to wait till you were 16. We didn't want to disrupt your learning or anything. Of course, you're going to go live with Jen now. In Miami Florida. And darling, you can call me Kendra."
I tried to force back tears. I took a breath.
"Well... ok. Thank you for telling me now, then." I wouldn't over react like teens in movies. I obviously couldn't do anything about the situation.
"Hun, there's one more thing." Kendra said and then let Jen speak up.
"Kara... I'm a witch."
I guess that would explain me being able to make crackling balls of light.
"Wow... that's... a lot." I murmured.
"Yes, I know dear." Jen sat next to me.
"I'm leaving for Miami in the morning. I would like it if you came with me. It would mean a lot. My boyfriend Ben and I have an extra room in our apartment for you."
I nodded.
"Ok. I'll go pack a duffel bag and call Ty. Um... would it be alright if I came back here to visit sometime?" Jen nodded.
"Of course, I understand. You must have many friends here."
"Yeah." I started to get choked up. "I'll be down in a few."
I trudged upstairs and into my room, closing the door behind me.
I picked up my cell phone and dialed.
"Hey love, wassup?" Ty's voice nearly made me break down in tears.
"I'm leaving." I whispered.
"What?" I could hear the confusion in his voice.
"Ty, I'm adopted. My real mother, Jen, is taking me back to Miami in the morning. I won't be able to say good bye."
Tears started streaming down my face.
"Kara... love, hold on. I'll be right there."
"No, Ty, don't. I think it'll be better this way. A clean break. I don't think I'll be able to leave if you come by. I'm so sorry. Remember I love you. Always. Never forget that."
"Kara!"
I hung up and flopped onto my bed, sobbing. I was leaving everything behind for a woman i didn't know. I was leaving Ty. A pain so great that I nearly couldn't breathe took over. I wasn't going to see Ty again.
My phone buzzed in my hand. I didn't pick it up.
It felt like eons passed, but I got up and packed my duffel bag.
I washed my face and then brought the bag downstairs.
"Are you ready to go?" Jen asked quietly. I nodded.
I said goodbye to my family quickly, forcing myself not to cry. Kendra was in hysterics.
"I'll miss you." Sarah muttered, hugging me.
"Yeah."
Jen and I left soon after that. The car she drove was quiet and we ended up at a hotel outside the airport. I didn't sleep a wink that night. Ty kept calling and texting, but I never looked at the phone. It was too hard. Whenever I thought of him, which was always, I felt physical pain in my chest. He'd move on and get a new girlfriend. He was good looking, it wouldn't be hard for him.
When it was time to catch our plane, I was so out of it. Anything Jen said to me went over my head. I'd just nod.
Our plane ride to Miami was three hours, and I finally got some sleep. I slept on the car ride to Jen's apartment, too.
"Ben won't be here, he's on call." She told me.
I nodded.
When we got to the house, I holed myself up in my room, locking the door. I sat on the bed and finally let myself go. The pain was unbearable. Like my heart had ripped in two. Horrible sounds were uttered from my mouth. Everything started to swirl.
I was chanting now. An ancient language long forgotten. There was more pain in my chest, more water rushing from my eyes, more horrible noises. And then an explosion. All was black.
Back to top Go down

Situation 4
Page 1 of 1